Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Oracle XDB

What XDB database is? I didn't use it until recently when I had to assign some network privileges (see my other post on Fine Grained Access). And today I found a database where DBMS_NETWORK_ACL package is not installed. Google redirects me to information about XDB database missing. My first try failed, unfortunately I didn't spool the output to a file. It was because a dedicated XDB tablespace was missing - the script doesn't handle that automatically. Fortunately there is a lot of resources on Internet how to drop and recreate XDB:

@?/rdbms/admin/catnoqm.sql
drop trigger sys.xdb_installation_trigger;
drop trigger sys.dropped_xdb_instll_trigger;
drop table dropped_xdb_instll_tab;


CREATE tablespace XDB datafile '+DATA' size 10M autoextend on next 10m maxsize unlimited;

SPOOL /tmp/xdb.log REPLACE
@?/rdbms/admin/catqm.sql xdbpasswd XDB TEMPSPACE NO
SPOOL OFF


So far I have no idea what less for XDB is actually used.

External Links


http://www.dbatools.net/experience/oracle_xmldb_install.html
http://www.oracle-wiki.net/startdocshowtoinstallxmldb

No comments:

Post a Comment